From 03-07 May 2017 the ISO TC 184/SC 4/WG 3/22 meeting was held at Oslo, Norway
Over 20 participants joined the meeting, representing 10 countries.
The achievements of the WG 3/22 meeting measured against the goals were:
- Oslo goal: achieve consensus on the suitability of the improved Part 4 Top Class Structure and the process to consolidate it.
- WG 3 approved the new Part 4 Top Class Structure as the right way forward.
- All in WG3/22 have been invited to give comments.
- It was agreed work needs to be done to improve the message of the slides.
- Oslo goal: achieve consensus on the terms of reference for the ISO 15926 Future Architecture Team.
- WG 3/22 accepted the proposed TOR. Paul and Nils will add proposed names, deadlines and priorities.
- A WG 3/22 teleconference will be planned at short notice to approve the final document.
- Oslo goal: achieve agreement on the BP items to work on with priority with available and committed resources.
- A questionnaire had been distributed to ask what items from the BP2015-2018 experts wish to work on and invest in.
- A walk through the questionnaire was done to ensure all understand what to do with a deadline of two weeks (22 May 2017).
- Oslo goal: agree what WG 3/22 can and should do to support TC 184 WG 6
- It was agreed the work of TC 184 WG 6 is important to the process industries. WG 3/22 will therefore stay committed to support TC 184 WG 6.
- During the week, WG 3/22, WG 6, IOGP-ISCC had a meeting to discuss cooperation in ISO and in the industry groups. It was agreed the OGI (Oil and Gas Interoperability) pilot will act as testing bed for standards WG 3/22 and WG 6 wish to jointly demonstrate.
- Oslo goal: achieve consensus on the business case for a standard for neutral exchange of intelligent schematics. Agree an outline of how this could best be achieved.
- There is now a good understanding of the business case of an ISO-IEC standard for intelligent schematics. It was agreed for SC 4 to launch a PWI to define the principles and approaches to such a standard. The various sectors may define and realize NWI’s under that umbrella meeting their sector requirements.
- On Thursday in the IF the DEXPI groups presented a proposed standard for neutral exchange of intelligent P&ID’s in the process industries. This standard may also be realized under the mentioned umbrella.
- Oslo goal: achieve consensus to publish a simple guide for using the rules of Part 6.
- It was agreed to create and publish such document at short notice.
- A small team volunteered consisting of Paul, Lina, David (to be verified)
- Oslo goal: present and discuss the OWL DL option included in ISO TR 15926-14
- A presentation was made by Arild Waaler from the university of Oslo and Johan Klüwer from DNV GL about OWL Semantic Reasoning.
- It was agreed to document the OWL2 DL option carefully in ISO/TR 15926-14.
- Oslo goal: agree the future of ISO 15926-9 facades.
- To speed-up the process of getting clarity on the terms of reference of Part 9, it was agreed to launch a PWI at short notice which may attract a wider group of experts interested in exchange between companies through facades. A resolution to that effect was adopted.
- A NWI could then be launched before Jeju in Nov 2017.
- Oslo goal: approve the proposed resolutions of the ISO 15926-10 NWI issues.
- The proposed NWI ballot issue resolutions were approved with a minor textual modification. Since the time available to complete the CD and DIS ballots within the deadlines, it was agreed to request ISO to extend the 3-year scheme to the 4-year scheme.
- The CD ballot should be done before Jeju Nov 2017. The DIS ballot limit date will be 19 Mar 2018. We believe this is doable.
- The editor Hiroshi Okada presented the concept of Part 10 and the relationship between conformance to whole series and conformance to the individua parts.
- Oslo goal: Four Change Requests to Part 4 to be presented and discussed:
- Four change requests to Part 4 were presented and discussed
- CR6-1: Structure, Improvements from PCA RDL
- CR7: Items missing in Part 4, from CFIHOS
- CR8: Activities & processes, from RDL2
- CR9: Process control, from RDL2
- Oslo goal: the DPPC TF report to be presented and discussed for comments WG 3/22
- The report from the DPPC TF was presented and discussed for comments. A resolution was on ISO/IEC DPPC Task Force drafted:
- SC 4 offers to support the further development of the requirements for the future DPPC as well as the proposed JWG to maintain the DPPC
- A report was presented and discussed on the common RDL for SC4
- The figure below outline the agreed path forward for common RDL for SC4
Sunday 02 Oct 2016
13:00 – 15:00 Convener/PPC meeting to preview the SC 4 meeting during the week
Monday 03 Oct 2016
08:00 - 10:00 SC 4 Technical Opening Plenary.
Tuesday 04 Oct 2016
08:00 – 12:00 WG 3/22
13:00 – 17:00 WG 3/22
Friday 07 Oct 2017
8.00 - 10.00 SC 4 Technical Closing Plenary
Should you wish to know more about the ISO TC 184/SC 4/WG 3/22 meeting, please contact Paul van Exel, Director of USPI.